Who we are
Our website address is: http://quaysidetrading.co.za
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Use of information provided
Quayside Trading will only process your information insofar as it is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes set out below:
– For purposes relating to your agreement or relationship with us;
– To keep you informed generally about new products or services, unless you opt out;
– Bill you according to your agreement with us, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you;
– To administer this Website and help us improve our products or services;
– Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our products or services;
– Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our products or services on an anonymous or personal basis;
– Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money;
– If you contact customer service, we will use your personal information (including your contact history) so that customer service is able to process your request and provide you with the best service possible.
Sharing your personal information
It is of utmost importance to Quayside Trading that your personal information is treated with care and confidentiality and therefore we undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties.
We will however share your personal information with third parties as set out in this policy, if required by law or if you have consented to it. Your personal information shall be shared with the following third parties:
– Any payment system we may use;
– Partners or agents that conduct customer satisfaction surveys and any other surveys related to the products or services provided to you;
– Where applicable, credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies;
– Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law;
– We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers;
– If we go through a corporate re-structure or we are sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.